The Indoor Program is filling up and looking like we will be back with a busy winter season. Some general updates for all CUSA Members. You will find the alignments for the programs attached.
6x6 166 teams
Boarded 38 teams
Coed 43 teams
Futsal 19 teams
- Online Player registration will open Friday, October 13th.
- Players who did not play in CUSA or CWSA for Outdoor 2023 will be required to pay the ASA player fee ($37.00 +GST) at the time they register. This player fee will only be collected for the first program they register to between October 2023 to April 2024. The fee will be paid directly to ASA online.
- Players who did play in CUSA or CWSA for Outdoor 2023 will not have this fee for Indoor. It will be due in Outdoor 2024.
- Players do need a CUSA ID card for the Club they are registered to. They must present the physical card to the match official for each game.
- Players can register for more than one program, i.e., Boardless and Futsal. They cannot register to two or more teams within the same program.
League play for all programs will commence the week of November 1st.
- Scheduling requests that were not included in your registration are required by Tuesday Oct 11th.
- Christmas break will be between December 22 to Jan 3. There will be no games over the Family Day long weekend.
- There is limited ability to reschedule boardless games. Facility time is limited given the expanded interest in the program.
Balance of Fees:
Your team’s balance of fees is due in full on October 25th. Your account is current with the balance due. Team Fair Play Credits will be posted onto your account before the balance is due. To see all transactions on your account you can look at the Team Statement also linked to your team account. It will provide you with an itemized outline of the transactions on your account. You can filter by season or select all.
For your team to be eligible to be entered into this draw your deposit had to be paid in full by September 25 and your balance of fees by October 25th. Draw will occur at the end of the Managers Meeting.
The Managers Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 26th at 7:00 PM. It will be virtual again this year. You will get a log in on the 24th. This is not a mandatory meeting; however, teams are encouraged to have attendance. Any changes to the laws of the game or CUSA operational rules will be discussed at this meeting.
Boardless Program Information
- Games will be 30-minute halves with 3-minute half time.
- Game start times are late. No one team will receive all the early kick offs. Best efforts are made to balance times across all teams.
- U23 teams
All registered players must be U23 as of January 1, 2023. Teams are permitted to register a maximum of 3 over aged players on the roster.
Up to 3 participants in a match may be 23+.
- Men’s and Women's games will played at both 7 Chiefs and Genesis Centre on the new futsal field.
- Teams that have indicated that they wish to compete for provincials and an opportunity for nationals must:
- Maintain a roster with all players who shall be either:
- A Canadian Citizen; or
- A Permanent Resident (as defined by the Government of Canada);
- A Protected Person (as defined by the Government of Canada).
- Proof of the minimum of 10 players must be provided to CUSA by January 31, 2024
- Be prepared to travel with a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 14 players and up to 4 staff.
- Teams will be expected to utilize the substitution bib as outlined in the LOTG.
Men's Boarded Program
- All games will be held at the Calgary Soccer Centre, played throughout the week including weekends.
- No changes to game format or length.
- Guest playing provisions will be communicated at the managers meeting.
Coed Boarded Program
CUSA COED will continue with two 8 week seasons. The fall season runs from November 1 to December 22 and the winter season goes from January 30 to March 30. CUSA will host a COED tournament in January to bridge the gap between seasons. Further communication about the tournament will be provided later in the fall season.
Some additional details are outlined below regarding the COED program.
- Promotion and Relegation may be applied to Winter teams based on league results in Fall, and the mix of returning teams for the Winter.
- New teams will have an opportunity to register during the season break. Division may require adjustment pending registration numbers.
- All games are scheduled at the Calgary Soccer Centre.
- Fair play will be awarded for both the Fall and Winter seasons. The prize totals will be based on $25/team for the total prize pool (typically this is $50/team in a 16-18 game season). Teams who play in both seasons will have two opportunities to win fair play prizes this winter. More information on the Fair Play prize in CUSA can be found in the CUSA Rules and Regulation