2022-2023 Winter Season Information
Interested in Refereeing? Entry Level Courses are now available! More information and to register, Click Here
2022-2023 Managers Meeting
The managers meeting was held on October 26th. A PDF of the presentation can be found by clicking the link below.
MANAGERS MEETING PRESENTATION
Indoor 2022 23 Team Registration Update October 7, 2022
The Indoor Program is filling up and looking like we will be back with a busy winter season. Some general updates for all CUSA Members. You will find the alignments for the programs attached.
7v7 127 teams
Boarded 41 teams
Coed 41 teams
Futsal 14 teams
- Online Player registration is set and ready for you to communicate to your players.
- Players who did not play in CUSA or CWSA for Outdoor 2022 will be required to pay the new ASA player fee ($37.00 +GST) at the time they register. This player fee will only be collected for the first program they register to between October 2022 to April 2023. The fee will be paid directly to ASA online.
- Players who did play in CUSA or CWSA for Outdoor 2022 will not have this fee for Indoor. It will be due in Outdoor 2023.
- Players do need a CUSA ID card for the Club they are registered to. They must present the physical card to the match official for each game.
- Players can register for more than one program, i.e., 7v7 and Futsal. They cannot register to two or more teams within the same program.
Office Extended Hours:
Oct 24 - 27 and Nov 1 - 3 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Oct 28 and Nov 4 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Oct 29 and Nov 5 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- League play for all programs will commence the week of November 1st.
- Scheduling requests that were not included in your registration are required by Tuesday Oct 11th.
- Christmas break will be between December 22 to Jan 3. There will be no games over the Family Day long weekend.
- There is limited ability to reschedule 7v7 games. Facility time is limited given the expanded interest in the program.
Balance of Fees:
Your team’s balance of fees is due in full on October 24th. Your account is current with the balance due. Team Fair Play Credits will be posted onto your account before the balance is due. To see all transactions on your account you can look at the Team Statement also linked to your team account. It will provide you with an itemized outline of the transactions on your account. You can filter by season or select all.
For your team to be eligible to be entered into this draw your deposit had to be paid in full by September 26 and your balance of fees by October 24th. Draw will occur at the end of the Managers Meeting.
The Managers Meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 26th at 7:00 PM. It will be virtual again this year. You will get a log in on the 24th. This is not a mandatory meeting; however, teams are encouraged to have attendance. Any changes to the laws of the game or CUSA operational rules will be discussed at this meeting.
7v7 Program Information
- Games will be 30-minute halves with 3-minute half time.
- Game start times are late. No one team will receive all the early kick offs. Best efforts are made to balance times across all teams.
Masters Competitive Division only
In each game up to 2 guest players can be from another team within your division.
All registered players must be U23 as of January 1, 2022.
Teams will play 9 games in current division then move to U23 specific division.
Up to 2 guest players a match may be 23+.
- Men’s games will played at both 7 Chiefs and Calgary Soccer Centre. Majority at 7 Chiefs.
- Women’s games will be played at Calgary Soccer Centre.
- Men’s teams that have indicated that they wish to compete for provincials and an opportunity for nationals must:
- Maintain a roster with a minimum 10 players who shall be either:
- A Canadian Citizen; or
- A Permanent Resident (as defined by the Government of Canada);
- A Protected Person (as defined by the Government of Canada).
- Proof of the minimum of 10 players must be provided to CUSA by January 31, 2023
- Be prepared to travel with a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 14 players and up to 4 staff.
- Teams will be expected to utilize the substitution bib as outlined in the LOTG.
This season, CUSA COED will have two 8 week seasons. The fall season runs from November 1 to December 22 and the winter season goes from January 30 to March 30. Plans are in place for CUSA to host a COED tournament during the season break in January and details will be announced as they are available.
Some additional details are outlined below regarding the COED program.
- Teams that have registered for the fall only are marked with a * next to their team name.
- Teams who have registered for 16 weeks and results are showing a significant disparity in results will have their division adjusted in the season break.
- New teams will have an opportunity to register during the season break. Division may require adjustment pending registration numbers.
- All games are scheduled at the Calgary Soccer Centre.
- Fair play will be awarded for both the Fall and Winter seasons. The prize totals will be based on $25/team for the total prize pool (typically this is $50/team in a 16-18 game season). Teams who play in both seasons will have two opportunities to win fair play prizes this winter. More information on the Fair Play prize in CUSA can be found in the CUSA Rules and Regulations.
A 5% team fee reduction has been added to your team financials. This credit will be applied provided the balance of fees payment is received on or before October 24. The credit will not be available following this date.
Player registration will begin on Tuesday October 11th. All players must have a CUSA player card with the current team name on it. The season starts on November 1, with schedules targeted to be released by October 21.
- All games will be held at the Calgary Soccer Centre, played throughout the week.
- No changes to game format or length.
- Guest playing provisions will be communicated at the managers meeting.
Winter 2021-2022 Final Standings - Click Here
NEW - Enter the draw for a FREE SEASON!